The Heritage Centre at Coalburn
The centre at Coalburn's One Stop Shop offers the following facilities:
- Archive of the late Jim Hamilton - thousands of photographs and documents relating to Coalburn's social history and mining heritage.
- Reference library featuring 80 volumes of Jim Hamilton's COALBURN CHRONICLES booklet.
- Numerous photographs and items of local interest on display.
- Audio/Visual Facilities - Coalburn 'past and present' videos and slides on show.
- Colour Print and Design Service - small and large print runs:
Photographs, calendars, tickets, business cards, letter heads, posters, newsletters, booklets, etc. up to A3 size.
The Centre is open to the public: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am - 3pm. Other times by appointment only.
Admission FREE. Donations welcome.
Exhibits at the Heritage Centre
Mrs Maureen Hamilton cutting the ribbon to formally open the Heritage Centre on Saturday 24th November 2007. With her is Peter McLeish, Chairman of the Jim Hamilton Heritage Society of Coalburn