Auchlochan No.9 Coal Bing. Photographer JZ 2006
Click on images or links below to open each gallery.
A series of five photographs taken of the Gala in 2007. Photographer: John Zawadzki.
Photographs of the Gala in 2014. Photographer: Geoff Brown.
Also a separate gallery of photos taken inside Victoria Hall at the judging of entries.
Dull drizzly weather affected the procession but the sun did break through for the Coronation, Photographs of the Gala in 2015. Photographer: David Halls.
Unfortunately, rainy weather affected both the procession and the Coronation in 2016, but the people of Coalburn persisted and these photographs by Geoff Brown
show the amazing result.
Photographs of the decorated houses, procession and Coronation and a separate gallery of photos taken inside Victoria Hall at the judging of entries.
After bad weather in the preceding week, the sun came out on the Saturday especially for the Gala. These photographs of the Gala show another successful event. Photographer: Geoff Brown.
Gala Queen Ellie and her court presided over a very succesful Gala in very pleasant warm weather. These
photographs of the Gala were taken by Geoff Brown of Coalburn.
Good weather helped make the 2019 Coalburn Gala on 6th July a great success. Congratulations to the organising committee, Gala Queen Brooke and her Court, and all the participants in the Procession.
These quality photographs were taken by Geoff Brown
and are divided into four categories:- Fancy Dress, Procession, Crowning Ceremony and Decorated Houses.
Coalburn Primary School was officially opened on the 19th November 2015 by Councillor George Greenshields. The pupils of the school put on an excellent performance in song, music and words to illustrate the work of the school.
Gallery of photos of the event. Photographer: David Halls.
Photos of the Coalburn Flower Show held on Saturday, 31st August 2019.
Photographer: Helen Brownlie.
A series of photographs showing Coalburn today and recent changes.
- Coalburn 2013-4 (Most of the important buildings in Coalburn)
- Coalburn 2015 (includes Coalburn Inn, Hollandbush Golf Course, Watermeetings, Manse View and area around No. 6 bing)
- Coalburn 2016 (includes Coalburn Inn Conversion to Flats, Timbertown, Shoulderigg Road area and Bellfield)
- Coalburn 2017 (Coalburn Inn, Auchlochan, Hollandbush Golf Club and School Road area)
- Coalburn 2018 (Park Street, Bellfield Road, Path along old bogie line, Poniel and Auchlochan)
- Coalburn 2019 (Coalburn Information Sign, Hollandbush, Auchlochan, Village Green, Coal Hutch, Foulford)
- Coalburn 2020 (Autumnal photos of the area around Auchlochan)
- Coalburn 2021 (Stockbriggs estate, bog cotton, Auchlochan)