Historic photos of Lemahagow, South Lanarkshire
Lesmahagow Creamery and Spice Factory on Strathaven Road. c.1973.
This part of the road was called Creamery Brae until 1935, then renamed Strathaven Rd.
Lesmahagow Creamery Ltd. Delivery Lorry. c.1925
Lesmahagow station and goods yard
Last train at Lesmahagow Station, 2nd October 1965. Photo:Robert Campbell
Robert Campbell was on the last train and has kindly allowed us to use his report of this occasion:
Lesmahagow - the fountain and main street.
Thomas Brown's Warehouse in Abbeygreen. This later became the headquarters and main branch of the Abbeygreen Co-operative Society in around 1913.
School Road - Lesmahagow Infants School with High School behind.
A wider version of probably the same photo, taken from the railway embankment near the viaduct. The tomato greenhouses can be seen in the foreground while, in the background, more houses can be seen in Broompark Drive.
Milton Toll, Lesmahagow. The toll house on the right was built at the North end of Telford's bridge across the Nethan. The house was demolished in the early 1960s, but there is a plaque and garden now where the house once stood.
Lesmahagow Bowling Green.
Prepared: 03 July 2021 DJH. Updated: 13/05/2022