Although Stockbriggs House was officially demolished in 1997, it was not completed and parts still remain. The 1905 photo of the house is included first as a comparison. The ruins were photographed on the 24th April by John Weir of Lesmahagow. The Heritage Society is very grateful to John for taking these photos and allowing us to include this on the website.
Stockbriggs House in 1905
Part of the Tower
The entrance taken from the back
These photos showing the walled garden and terraced gardens were taken on the 20th June 2021 at Auchlochan by David Halls.
The fleur-de-lys of Stockbriggs House used as a feature in the walled garden at Auchlochan. This embellishment can be seen on the top of the right-hand column in the photograph of the old house at the top of this page .
Part of the chimneys of Stockbriggs House here used as plant containers in the walled garden.
Another section of the chimneys of Stockbriggs House as a feature in the flower beds in the walled garden.
Much of the stonework was used in the construction of terraced gardens at Auchlochan. Some of the features of Stockbriggs have been incorporated into the walls.